http://usaboutique.blogspot.com/

NAK DUIT FREE KLIK NI!!!

Monday, April 30, 2012

USA Boutique business will continue as usual, no worries :)

Unbelieveble Customer!

I have this one customer, works with NSTP Malaysia, bought a LEVI'S AVIATOR UNISEX SUNGLASSES III - Black BUT she demanded a refund because she claimed that I sold her a fake item even thought I already told her repeatedly (with proofs) that I work in USA and buy & ship all my items from here to Malaysia (my sister will then pack each item to each customer and pos laju them).

As you already aware (my customers at least :)), I buy most of my sunglasses on sale without the original cases at stores or outlets here in the USA which is why I can afford to sell them at half the original price. I then will provide generic/no name brand hardcases at no extra cost to protect the sunglasses during shipment from USA to Malaysia since if they are broken during that shipment, I will have to refund the customer's money.

However, even after explaining that to her and provided a receipt, she still refused to accept it and keep arguing that the sunglasses is fake. She told me that she made researches and found out that the sunglasses is made in China. Therefore, in her concusion, it is fake.
Hmmm, I think she is being ignorant and refusing to admit that she is wrong. Don't you think so?

Yes, the sunglasses is made in China but most items nowadays are made in China but 100% authentic. Even COACH is made in China for crying out loud but they are not fake, these companies are doing outsourcing. I think everyone should already aware of this and she, of all people, since she works at a very well-known newpaper company in Malaysia.

Well, I only sale 100% eunthentic items, like the rest of the other online bloggers, so I am fine with that and hope by this report to Tribunal Pengguna, I can clear my name from this very ridicilous accusation. I know that rm150 is not a big amount but I can't stand the fact that she keep accusing and insulting me selling fake items even though I have proofs. Therefore I have to stand my ground and prove her wrong.
Right?
She not only treated to call her collegues in the papers but also insulting my sister that works and lives in the humble state of Terrengganu. She was implying that since my sister is not working and living in the glamorous big city, she is selling fake items since she cannot afford to get the original one. So arrogant! I know that both my sister and I are nobody in Malaysia while she works in the NSTP and knows the who's who but everyone deserved to be respected as human beings regardless of their status.

I am sorry that I to have to post it here (very the long one some more!) but she is really trying my patience and insult me by keep stating that I am selling fake items even though I already provided the receipt of the item.
I like doing this online business and I am planning to keep doing it for a very very very long time. Therefore will not sale any fake items to jeopardize that. I am only selling 100% authentic items, guaranteed! Plus, customers nowadays are smart, they most definitely know how to differentiate between the fake and original items.

How do I deal with this kind of customer? I know I don't have a lot of followers but maybe some of my visitors/customers or even other online sellers can advise me.
Appreciate it, thank you.

*Da jadik blog meluahkan perasaan pulak hahaha. Well, I feel better writing it down, finally ;)

18 comments:

  1. Hi Kak.. I juz read ur luahan perasaan :)
    I did deal with u twice already and i know which item is ori and fake...bcoz im a branded lovers..haha...
    anyway, as my advice u did all ur rite thing so if she keep complaining and insulting all of u juz ignore it. I think ur buyers or followers knows ur bus better.. If we do the rite thing He will always help us what eva happen..So sabar je ler dgn attitude ur customer tu.. Might be she reli cannot recognize the ori brand and the fake 1. TQ and cheers!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment really make my day, tq shafa!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi sis....sabar je la. Itu je ayat n perkataan yg blh diungkapkan walaupun sememangnye i tahu u sedang bersabar. Heheeee..... I dh beli 2 kali dgn u. So far mmg ori. Then i blh jual blk then masih valueable. Sbb mmg ori. Bile dpt cust gitu mmg perit sikit. Tp as ur cust i percaya kan u n xragu2 membelinya. The point is..... Ape pun cust tu try buat u masih ade cust yg percaya dgn u n u harus menjalankan perniagaan seperti biasa sbb cust yg lain nak membeli. Ok....hopefully u will more successful dan lebih dilimpahi rezeki dr berkat kesabaran dgn apa yg terjadi ya. I love shopping with u..... ♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amieza, I really appreciate your support :)

      Delete
  3. orang macam ni memalukan diri sendiri jer sebenarnye. sibuk nak insult orang bagai. nak complain lagi. kalau tak puas hati sangat, lain kali beli lah kat pavi ke klcc ke. jangan nanti termalu sendiri tgk tulisan 'made in china tu' ade jugak. berlagak tak bertempat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Btol tu sis, actually last time I blk mesia, I pegi the curve (xtau la tempat tu hip ke tak lagik skrang, hahaha), NINE WEST, COACH bags tu made in China jugak even though kat boutiques. Mmg they all being manufactured in China but 100% original.

      Delete
  4. dear noli, macam nilah, senang citer. in life, you will encounter macam-macam jenis orang. especially if you are doing business. orang-orang macam ni, yang tak pernah pegi TJMaxx, Ross, Marshall's or even outlet malls, will not be convinced that those items sold at these outlets are original ones. so, my advice to you is, to stay cool. take it easy. you tahu apa yang you buat, and yang paling penting sekali Allah tahu apa yang you buat. Niat you baik, you nak share branded stuff at an affordable price. if some people tak appreciate, takpe, ramai lagi yang appreciate. kadang2 benda2 macamni jadi so that we will learn from it. maybe next time you boleh buat disclaimer notice at the top of your blog. kabor (dah nak masuk cakap ganu kite dah ni...hehehe) awal2 barang2 ni you beli at stores and also at outlet malls, therefore sometimes it will NOT have it's original packaging but they are the real deal and nowadays things are made from all over the world. i pernah pegi GAP store kat LAX and a tshirt there is made in Malaysia. there you go. so? ciplak ke tshirt tu? kan? takpe noli...you bersabar...all will be well.

    sorry, panjang lebat comment i, cuma i tak nak you rasa putus asa or anything, sebab i want you to know you are doing a good service here. tak semua orang boleh pegi the states and tak semua orang boleh beli original good at a premium price. keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dottology,

      Yesss, I mmg beli kat ROSS, I even provided her the receipt but still die xcaye jugak sbb die xckp made in china and no original packing.
      Hmmm, org yg xpenah pegi usa ni mmg xtau kot sis, org2 yg da penah been there and pegi sendiri tmpt2 mcm ni yg mmg jual 100% authentic branded items at half the price baru tau :)
      Thanks sis!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. I mmg slalu beli TJMaxx, Ross, Marshall's beside outlet malls since they have good selection but half the price :)
      Good bargain!

      Delete
  5. saja je tu tunjuk power..dorg keja news paper selalu gitu...xsemua but some of them just berlagak perasan cam bagus...dah beberapa kali someone around me terkena dgn reporters...dia xigt skrg ni everybody dah bleh luah erasan sbb kita ada internet..n old folks je r yg baca newspaper skrg ni...biar jelah kat dia....my fren pon beli hbag kat coach butik dlm tu tulis made in china juga..even iphone pon... assemble in china...so?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sis Shamshun,

      I saje je luah perasaan kat sini sbb terkilan sgt with that lady attitude yg mati2 ckp brg I fake. Kalo I tipu, takkanla I bole continue this business since 2009. Nowadays, u cannot survive if u jual brg fake but claim original, customers skrang pon bukan bodo, sume tau nak differentiate yg fake and ori.
      I mmg xnak besarkan issue ni but she keep accusing me so I have to stand my ground since I know I am on the right side.

      Delete
    2. xpe i pon dah pnhb eli beli barag dgn u..so kita leh kenallah brg ori ke tak..Insyaallah bila kita bukan kaki penipu Allah juga akan pelihara kita dari ditipu..sbb niat manusia ni Allah je yg tahu...xpe maybe ni sbg dugaan dalam berniaga insyaallah next time u akan ada lbh byk customer.... And i believe org yg jual fake items xkanbleh tahan lama...so biar jelah dia n doa pada ALlah banyak2..nilah org yg xsenang tgk org lain berniaga...Nampak sgt kebodohan sendiri...and i 200% agree dgn dottoly punyer statement......

      Delete
    3. insyaallah next time u akan ada lbh byk customer - amin sis :)

      Your generous words mean a lot to me sis, thanks!

      Delete
  6. hi sis..dont worry too much..org mcm ni slalunye x berduit and ade masalah jiwa..take car..and jgn susah hati byk2..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel much better now wt the support, many thanks sis!

      Delete
  7. hai noli....

    hurm baru terbace luahan hati u ni.
    saya mmg dh lama x shopping dgn noli. tp byk kali jugalah beli handbag,purse,hadiah abah,hadiah emak,dr noli. :)

    coach pon made in china, liz claiborne pon made in china, guess pon made ini china. kirenye kebykan branded bag mmg made in china. kecuali la lv,gucci yg jenama mahal2 kan.
    so noli, my advice, xperlulah mengalah. u tak salah. ithink die nak refund tu maybe die x puas hati ke ape ke... yelah org byk duitlah katakan kan kan... mungkin die rs spek die beli tu x capai standard die harapkan. next time, org camni mmg kene beli kt butik sahaja. utk perniagaan on9, bukan utk org yg terlalu cerewet,terlalu mementingkan sempurna. rsnye if die beli kt mall,butik rsnye sama shj. klu die claim beli kt butik x ori, kompom kene belasah dgn penyapu... hihihiii
    ape2 pon noli,kuatkan hati. jgn mengalah.n pls inform yg sesetengah item xde box, even coach kdg2 xde dustbag kan... ok noli..gd luck :)

    Zeera Yatt

    ReplyDelete
  8. hai noli....

    hurm baru terbace luahan hati u ni.
    saya mmg dh lama x shopping dgn noli. tp byk kali jugalah beli handbag,purse,hadiah abah,hadiah emak,dr noli. :)

    coach pon made in china, liz claiborne pon made in china, guess pon made ini china. kirenye kebykan branded bag mmg made in china. kecuali la lv,gucci yg jenama mahal2 kan.
    so noli, my advice, xperlulah mengalah. u tak salah. ithink die nak refund tu maybe die x puas hati ke ape ke... yelah org byk duitlah katakan kan kan... mungkin die rs spek die beli tu x capai standard die harapkan. next time, org camni mmg kene beli kt butik sahaja. utk perniagaan on9, bukan utk org yg terlalu cerewet,terlalu mementingkan sempurna. rsnye if die beli kt mall,butik rsnye sama shj. klu die claim beli kt butik x ori, kompom kene belasah dgn penyapu... hihihiii
    ape2 pon noli,kuatkan hati. jgn mengalah.n pls inform yg sesetengah item xde box, even coach kdg2 xde dustbag kan... ok noli..gd luck :)

    Zeera Yatt

    ReplyDelete